Carbon Reduction Plan
SVL’s commitment to achieving Net Zero.
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
As an organisation, SVL supports the Together for our Planet ‘Business Climate Leaders’ campaign launched in May 2021, and fully commit to cutting our emissions in half by 2030 and then to net zero by 2050 or sooner.
SVL has invested in a range of activities to reduce our carbon emissions.
Extensive use of Microsoft Teams and Zoom packages has reduced both inter-company travel and site visits to meet clients across the UK and Ireland.
Company cars are now either hybrid or electric, significantly reducing our carbon output for both business and social mileage.
Lighting in offices has been fully replaced with low or energy efficient bulbs.
Homeworking of staff is now controlled and organised to limit the amount of travel needed to get to work and the energy output of our office
|Total 1||Total 2||Total 3||Overall|
|Year 1 – 2020
|Year 2 – 2021||3.3||6.8||29.3||39.4|
|Year 3 – 2022
|5 Year Target||25|
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Baseline Year: 2020
Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations.
Methodology – Our emissions have been calculated using the GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard (revised edition), together with the latest emission factors from DEFRA. The GHG protocol corporate accounting and reporting standard provides requirements and guidance for companies and other organisations preparing a corporate level GHG emissions inventory.
The data detailed in the table represents energy use and emissions for which the company is responsible for the years ending 31st December 2020 (the baseline year) and 2022 (current year). This includes:
- Scope 1 comprises emissions from the use of natural gas for heating and hot water in our office.
- Scope 2 comprises our sub-metered electricity consumption in our office.
- Scope 3 comprises: Business Travel Land, Business Travel Air, Hotel Stay and Homeworking.
Emissions reduction targets
To continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets:
- To source all our electricity from renewable sources
- Embed our work from anywhere in the UK policy to continue to reduction in the number of emissions created from commuting done.
- Reduction in business/commuter travel by introducing a virtual stewardship policy to continue to encourage the use of virtual technology to reduce the use of train/car/aeroplane travel and the emissions they create.
- We will also work with our supply chain to improve the accuracy of our scope 3 reporting for Upstream and Downstream Transport & Distribution and to provide insight into where we can work together to reduce this
- Using the waste hierarchy to reduce our waste.
- Continue to look at innovative ways to reduce our emissions and ways to offset emissions.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Signed on behalf of SVL:
David Kindness, Director
03 January 2023
Hear the latest from our team.
Blog Unveiling our brand new site and a refreshed look
Industry Insights 2023: A brand new challenge
Industry Insights Controlling Contact Centre costs at this critical time
Cloud Adoption Not everyone is ready to make a full transition into the world of being cloud adopted
Blog 55 years of SVL
Cloud Adoption The true meaning of CCAAS
Get In Touch
"*" indicates required fields